1) Guilt - Jesus loves and forgives me. Today's a new day, the past is finished; He leads me forward.
2) Fear - By His Holy Spirit Jesus lives in me. He is stronger than he who is in the world.
3) Need to Please - Jesus couldn't please everyone and neither can I. I am responsible to some, but accountable only to the Lord.
4) Envy - I am blessed. My worth is not in my position or possessions, but in my identity as a baptized child of God and my relationships to Him.
5) Impatience - God's timing is perfect, and my timing is imperfect.
6) Entitlement - Neither God nor the world owes me anything. Life is a gift. Everything is by grace.
7) Bitterness and Resentment - Grudges hurt only me.
8) Blame - I will not pass the buck. I'm responsible for for my own actions and inactions.
9) Gossip - Following the 8th commandment, I will put the best construction on the actions of others. I will distance myslelf from those who continually criticize and belittle others.
10) Comparison - I will focus on my own gifts and strengths and cease measuring myself against others.
* AUTHOR UNKOWN, ADAPTED LOCALLY
SORRY GUYS, IT WAS KINDA HOT IN THE FURNACE AND I JUST NEEDED TO COOL DOWN FOR A MOMENT
View fullsize in your browser
Worship: Who We Are
Our parish family welcomes you!
Rev. Dr. Charles R. Vogeley (aka Pastor Charley)
Our congregation's purpose is for persons of all ages to grow stronger in faith through worship, deeper through learning, warmer through fellowship, and broader by service to our neighbors in need.
There's a place for everyone at Our Savior to be involved and make new friends through small group ministries: the Altar Guild, Grace Guild, the Ushers, the Lectors and Assisting Ministers, the Choirs, the Parish Orchestra, Kids' Klub, the annual Harvest Fair, fellowship events, and committees for the congregation's life and mission. Parish life and ministry depend solely upon voluntary giving by members, guests and friends.
An elevator and access ramp are available for entering and exiting the building. Refreshments are usually served after worship on Sunday. In warmer weather, the church is air-conditioned for your comfort.
Membership is voluntary and personal. Persons join when they express the desire to affiliate. Adults may join formally the congregation by either a letter of membership transfer from another Christian congregation or by adult Confirmation.
Baptisms and weddings are conducted as needed. A church wedding requires a couple to spend a period of time preparing for marriage in consultation with the pastor.
The sacrament of Holy Communion is celebrated with this understanding: that the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ are truly present in, with, and under the bread and wine; and, that the penitent receive the full forgiveness of all their sins. All baptized Christians who, in good conscience, can receive with this understanding are invited to partake.